What is it?
madde14.org (article 14; Universal Declaration of Human Rights ) is a database on migration and asylum issues. It aims to collect asylum and migration related reports, legislation, guidelines and other relevant documents with a focus on Turkey and Greece.
|Madde14.org right now...|
|Running MediaWiki version 1.26.4.|
|It has 158 content articles, 67 uploaded files and 327 pages in total|
|There have been 336 edits.|
|This information as of 27 June 2017, 12:13.|
madde14.org database was first launched in May 2010 in Turkish as a personal project. The English section has started in 2013. The website is still financed individually while Amnesty International Turkey Section, Association for Solidarity with Refugees and Turkey Coodination for Refugee Rights kindly provide documents. And Ms. M.J.W. provides -almost- perfect coffee.
madde14.org aims to provide entry level information to activists and interested individuals and create an easy-to-find database on natonal legislation and reports for researchers and academics.
What it is not?
madde14.org is not an organisation . It is simply a personal project to create a database on migration and asylum issues. It doesn't have capacity or target to help individuals and does not provide counselling service or any other forms of support.
Also madde14.org cannot guarantee the currency or accuracy of the content.
How to use it?
There are 6 main categories in madde14.org; Basics, Legal Text, NGOs, Reports, Organisations and Dictionary.
- Basics (Glossary of Terms): This category contains explanations of basic terms used in asylum and migration.
- Legal Texts: This category contains a few subcategories such as International Legislation, national legislations for Turkey and Greece , European Court of Human Rights cases and ExCom Conclusions.
- Category:NGO: Non-governmental organisations, platforms and other civil organisations are listed under this category. A short description of the organisation, contact details and networks are indicated.
- Category:Reports: Reports are subcategorised according to their publication years, topics covered and country. A navigation box aims to help browsing which can be found at the bottom of each report.
- Category:Organisations: This category hosts national governmental bodies such as Turkish Directorate General of Migration Management and international organisations such as UNHCR as well as intergovernmental organisations.
- Category:Dictionary: This section aims to help translators and readers with a dictionary about the terms frequently used. At the moment this category contains only one page; English-Turkish Refugee Terminology.
Get in touch!
e-mail: bilgi @ madde14.org